We’re experienced in bankruptcies and proposals under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. Bankruptcy and insolvency cases move quickly and often involve numerous stakeholders. Our experienced lawyers give businesses the astute advice and support they need to navigate complicated situations. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs, their priorities, their goals and we drive for the best results.
Our team is led by John Fiddick, and we have the knowledge and experience to protect our clients. From small businesses to high-profile retailers to financial companies, we help our clients overcome their financial challenges. Over the past 20 years, we have represented trustees in bankruptcy, monitors, receivers, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, commercial landlords and debtors in all levels of court.
- Seeking relief under the Companies Creditors Arrangements Act
- Appointment of Receivers
- Enforcement of security and commercial foreclosures, nationally and internationally
- Maneuvering failed property development business
- Facilitating complex, cross-border bankruptcy
- Negotiating large-scale insolvencies including airlines, resorts, and large fashion retailers