Jordanna is an experienced commercial litigator focusing on complex multi-party litigation. She brings strategic thinking and practical problem-solving to all her clients. She regularly represents clients before all levels of court, administrative tribunals and in arbitrations. Jordanna leads Whitelaw Twining’s Commercial Specialty Group and Employment Law Specialty Group. Prior to joining Whitelaw Twining, Jordanna was a partner at a leading national Canadian law firm.
Jordanna’s experience includes:
- Real Estate Disputes: representing and advising private sector clients such as developers, owners of land, shopping malls and strata corporations in development matters, contract disputes, leasing matters, property transfer tax disputes, strata property disputes, foreclosures and municipal law issues.
- Business Disputes: acts for individuals and corporations in connection with contract disputes, trust claims, defamation claims, civil fraud, shareholder disputes and governance issues.
- Administrative and Regulatory Litigation: acts for parties before provincial securities commission, administrative tribunals and on judicial review. Jordanna also acts as an adjudicator for the British Columbia Civil Resolution Tribunal.
- Class Action Litigation: defending parties in securities class action litigation, and a national class action involving pre-paid gift cards issued by banking and other financial institutions.
Employment & Human Rights Litigation
- Representing employers in wrongful dismissal claims, human rights complaints and other employment related litigation such as disability insurance litigation, privacy, departing employee cases and competitive loss claims.
- Advising employers on issues related to establishing, managing and terminating employment relationship, as well training and investigations.
- Acts for service providers and strata corporations in connection with human rights complaints before provincial Human Rights Tribunals.
- Acts for clients in the private and public sectors in connection with a variety of construction disputes, including in relation to real estate development, the energy sector and infrastructure projects, procurement issues, surety claims and regulatory matters.
Jordanna regularly contributes to various law publications, including Whitelaw Twining’s Commercial Litigation Blog. She is a frequent presenter on a variety of corporate, commercial, real estate and employment topics for the Canadian Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Association of BC, PBLI, the Vancouver Leasing Conference, the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, CREW and for clients.
Outside of the office, Jordanna enjoys exploring the great outdoors with her young family. She is also a budding oenophile and amateur chef.
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2003
B.A. (Honours) Psychology, Simon Fraser University, 2000
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2005
Member of the Canadian Bar Association
Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
Past Board Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
Member of the Vancouver Board of Trade
Member of McKay CEO Investment Forum
Member of CREW
Jordanna is the co-author of the Real Estate chapter for Annual Review of Law and Practice and the Collapsing Deal chapter of the British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual.
Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2021 (Corporate & Commercial Litigation)