We proudly offer legal support and security to a growing number of primary surety companies throughout Canada. For many years, we’ve represented the biggest names in surety and have the industry knowledge to help our clients assess the risks involved in specific bonds, deliver immediate answers and courses of action when projects don’t go as planned, and handle all claims in this area. Our lawyers establish solid plans that protect our clients from massive losses.
In surety law, response time is critical. Our team has the experience, agility and network to quickly and effectively solve our clients’ problems. Being actively involved with the Surety Association and having strong relationships with trustees, receivers and contractors gives us the knowledge and resources to see our clients’ projects through to completion while minimizing financial impact.
- Handling claims for all forms of bonds
- Advising clients on bond and indemnity wording
- Negotiating disputes to avoid claims
- Enforcing indemnity agreements
- Enforcing or realizing on security
- Advancing subrogation claims and advising clients on preserving subrogation rights