Amy joined the Whitelaw Twining team on April 2019. She has a diverse legal background that allows her to bring an unusual breadth and depth of legal skills and experience to her litigation practice. From a litigation partner in a top-tier national firm, to General Counsel and executive leadership team member for a group of home services franchise brands operating throughout North America and Australia, to managing the legal department for the largest Crown tenure holder in British Columbia’s coastal forestry industry, Amy’s practical and business-centred approach guides her management of litigation matters and her relationship with clients to achieve the best real-world results.
Amy’s representative litigation experience includes:
- Represented the consortium building the twin tunnels between the Capilano Dam and the Seymour Water Filtration Plant in $200 million litigation against the City of Vancouver and others
- Represented BC Ferries in several vessel construction and modification disputes
- Assisted numerous clients with builders lien issues
- Represented the franchisor in disputes alleging failure to disclose
- Represented the master franchisee in multi-national expansion dispute
- Represented several financial institutions in lengthy and multi-pronged debt protester litigation brought by persons eventually declared vexatious litigants
- Assisted with litigious collections matters for financial institutions
Anton Piller work
- Represented Canadian and American satellite television providers in actions against persons unlawfully obtaining and distributing signals. Involved in preparing for, obtaining, and several executing Anton Piller orders for the preservation of evidence
- Acted as Independent Supervising Solicitor
A former Supreme Court of British Columbia clerk, Amy has also always had an interest in legal adjudication. She currently sits as a Tribunal Member on the Civil Resolution Tribunal, adjudicating small claims and strata disputes.
Outside of the office, you will find Amy doing all things outdoors with her husband and two young adventure-model children.
LLB, University of British Columbia, 2003 (Law Society Gold Medallist)
B.A., Honours (English), University of British Columbia, 2000
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2005
Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
Member of the Canadian Bar Association