Our Professional Liability group works with sophisticated, influential clients who are highly specialized in their fields. We identify and manage the risks for our clients, act as trusted advisors for industry matters and vigorously defend them against any claims they are named in. Over the past 40 years, we have represented professional clients at all levels of the British Columbia courts as well as before tribunals and regulatory bodies. Our goal is to eliminate any litigation, allowing our clients to focus solely on growth and success in their careers.
In order to serve our clients best, our lawyers become fluent in their areas of expertise and learn every corner of their business, on top of being authorities on legal and procedural matters. We understand the way professionals approach their work and the business standards that govern each area. Because of our hard work and dedication, our Professional Liability group’s members are consistently ranked as the top lawyers in this field.
- Defending professionals in claims made against them
- Acting for professionals in disciplinary matters
- Working closely with professional associations to develop risk management programs and providing seminars on litigation avoidance for clients
- Collaborating with insurers to create claims management protocols
- Providing advice to insurers regarding coverage issues arising from professional liability policies
- Assisting in the drafting of policy wording