Madeline joined the firm as a summer student in 2018, and returned for her articles in 2019. She practices in the area of subrogation and insurance defence, with a developing focus in professional liability. Madeline is passionate about building genuine relationships with her clients both in and out of the courtroom. She has appeared on behalf of clients in matters before the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia.
Prior to embarking on her legal career, Madeline lived in France where she attended Sciences Po Paris. She graduated from Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University in 2019. While attending law school, Madeline received the Bereksin & Parr Prize for Intellectual Property Law (awarded to the student with the top mark in Intellectual Property Law); the Professor Ronald St. John Macdonald Prize (awarded to the student with the top mark in International Law); and the Alistair Fraser Award in Immigration Law (awarded to the student with top mark in Immigration Law). Madeline was also a proud member of the Jessup moot team.
In her free time, Madeline enjoys cooking Italian food, watching sci-fi films and taking care of her cat, dogs and backyard chickens.
- J.D., Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2019
- B.A. (Hons.) History, University of British Columbia, 2014
- Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po), Exchange, 2011-2012
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2020
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association