On October 17, 2018, the Cannabis Act came into effect in Canada, legalizing and regulating certain cannabis products and bringing with it more questions than answers. One year later, regulations legalizing cannabis edibles, topicals and drinkables came into effect on October 17, 2019. We are your forefront leaders in procuring legal knowledge to assist you in navigating this new and developing area.
Cannabis legalization and regulation is expected to affect just about every area and industry in this country including cannabis retailers, the medical profession, liquor and restaurant establishments, insurance, motor vehicle and marine law, employment relationships and of course the average individual.
If you are looking for answers on how the legalization of cannabis will affect you, your industry, or your business, both in Canada and abroad, look no further, we are here to assist.
We are developing expertise in the following areas related to cannabis:
• General legal advice about legal rights & obligations
• Cannabis in employment, including human rights issues
• Cannabis in the liquor & hospitality industry
• Cannabis in motor vehicle/marine law
• Cannabis in insurance
• Liability of cannabis store retailers
• Liability of private grow-ops & private individuals
• Liability of medical professionals & other treatment providers
• Cross-border import, expert and transport of cannabis
• Online sales, privacy concerns & data breaches
• The legal implications of medicinal & non-medicinal uses of cannabis
• Sourcing reputable cannabis experts from every area of the industry
• Class action lawsuits involving cannabis