Our Sports Liability Group helps you navigate the complex world of sport litigation and sport law. We have extensive experience in doping matters, team selection and carding disputes. We have a wide range of expertise—from representing national sport organizations to engaging in pro bono work for individual athletes. We have appeared on our clients behalf both at the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada and internationally at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Beyond legal representation and litigation, we also give advice to athletes, coaches, administrators and sport organizations on a wide range of issues, including governance, conducting independent investigations, disciplinary matters, risk management, waivers and general insurance.
- Representation for injury during sport or recreational activities
- Advising on the effect and scope of waivers
- Assessing ski hill liability
- Advising on insurance coverage issues
- Advising on the design or construction of sport or recreational facilities