Providing coverage advice to insurance companies is today, and has always been at the heart of what we do. We’ve worked on countless coverage cases, with a long track record of success. Our Coverage Group brings detailed knowledge and understanding of the principles of insurance coverage and insurance policy interpretation. We help insurers make the right coverage decision while maintaining relationships with their valued customers – the insureds.
Our lawyers work closely with insurers to provide legal advice and services respecting all aspects of coverage obligations and insurance policies. When the relationship between insurer and insured breaks down, we step in to defend the insurer.
Our Coverage Group regularly holds continuing education seminars for our clients and we are frequent speakers for industry groups, such as the BC Insurance Institute. Our lawyers are actively engaged in professional associations, including Canadian Defence Lawyers, Defence Research Institute, and the Canadian Bar Association’s BC Insurance Section and National Insurance Section, of which several of our lawyers have served as Chair.
- Commercial general liability policies
- Wrap-up liability policies
- Commercial broad form property policies
- Homeowner, tenant and strata corporation policies
- Boiler and machinery policies
- Errors and omissions policies
- Director and officer policies
- Marine insurance policies
- Motor vehicle policies
- Home warranty policies
- Cyber-liability policies
- Environmental liability policies
- Life, accident and disability policies
- Course of construction/Builders risk policies
- Drafting reservation of rights letters and non-waiver agreements
- Defending insurers in coverage litigation and bad faith claims
- Bringing petitions on behalf of insurers to have the court determine coverage obligations
- Assisting insurers in drafting policy wording